Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Testing....1.....2...


"You have to believe in yourself when no one else does -
that makes you a winner right there."

-Venus Williams-


Today marks day 89 since the injury and day 29 post-sugery. I have been up and down and inside out. The past few days have been hard. They have been a test. I have wanted to cry and scream and quit. Thankfully, I know those moments won't last. I just had a glimpse of sun and am feeling better, determined, inspired. That's the good news. The not-so-good news is that I'm still on antibiotics and am back to using crutches (although we are attempting one crutch). I am fine, I just need to get my quad muscles working better so that I don't injure the rest of my body. I can't walk at 100% so it's safer to continue with the crutches rather than risk injury and a longer healing time.
I want, more than anything else, to wake up, and walk into class, rehearsal, performance...it will happen. The time will come. In the meantime, I get to learn how to use my body properly, how to have compassion for myself and how to stay fearless. It is a long tough road, but I'm on a journey, and the journey is the best part. That is where you learn and grow and can choose to do things differently.

Like Martha Graham once said, "The body is a sacred garment."
Maybe this is God's way of telling me to treat my body better. Having said that, have you thanked your ACL today? :)