"Have you ever thrown
a fist full of glitter in the air?
Have you ever looked fear in the face
and said I just don't care?"
On January 31, 2010, I watched as P!NK was announced and performed this song live. I was so inspired that it made me want to get back up on the trapeze and spanish web as soon as possible. I vowed that this summer I would go to the Trapeze School of NY as well as NY Circus Arts to start re-training my aerial skills. Little did I know that this summer I would basically be learning how to walk again....
It's been almost 7 months since the day I watched this performance. It still gives me chills. I want to fly again. I've been in a state of anger and frustration these past few days. I feel stuck. I feel like I'm not getting anywhere. PT says I'm fine, I just need to keep doing the exercises because my quad still isn't working properly. They say once my quad wakes up, I will fly through PT and get back to dance.
My range of motion is getting better every day and I'm slowly making progress. It's hard to do PT alone in my room every day and stay positive and upbeat. But I have to keep working - keep sucking it up - keep moving forward. I miss dance. I miss performing. And I can't wait to get back. It's day 33 - tomorrow brings more doctor and PT appointments. I miss dance.