Thursday, August 12, 2010

23 days and I'm back at one

It was hard to hear that I'm basically starting over today. I've had a setback due to an infection that appeared on Monday. The good news is, I can start over and this time around I can kick it up a notch - get back into the mindset of a champion, be fearless and basically kick my own butt! :)

On February 19, 2010 someone texted me, "Ok but know no matter what u have me in your corner" Initially it touched me that someone would care that much about me and what I was going through that day, but little did I know that that comment would stick with me and keep me going all these months later. I keep that text on my phone and refer back to it frequently - especially when I'm in a moment of frustration and wanting to throw in the towel.

I went to PT today and was so disappointed to know that my range of motion had gone from a 122 to barely a 90. The infection is still there and still open and bleeding, etc. My knee still hurts. The pain and being unable to do PT 3x a day fully since Sunday has really taken a toll. But I spoke with the doctor today and got a good plan of action.

I have to up my antibiotics to 4x a day and need to push myself in PT more than ever. I have to get myself back into the old school gymnastics mindset. I have to live by the motto I chose to base my life on in January 2009, FEARLESSNESS. I have to get back to that.

Today someone said to me, "if the tumbling assisted in your getting injured, why would you want to do it again." How could I not do it again? It's like breathing to me. It's who I am - it's my heart and soul. It's like in the movie, Nadia, the scene when Bela comes into the class and asks her, "Do you think it's possible for a little girl to fly?"

"I don't run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet." -Nadia Comaneci

Photos: The LiL Knee Diaries