Monday, August 9, 2010

Defying Gravity


Day 20 definitely did not go as I had planned...then again when does anything go the way I plan? I keep forgetting that I am not in charge. I went to PT this morning and they took one look at my knee and sent me off to the doctor. I woke up at 4am with a massive burning sensation in my knee around the lower incision. It was red and irritated and hot to touch. It got worse as the morning progressed. When I got to the doctor, they looked at it and said it's probably some type of infection though they couldn't believe the wound was healed and not open. As a precaution they gave me a heavy duty 7 day antibiotic treatment. I just finished round one of the meds. I am wiped out.
So once again, here I am with another road block in my way. But, I gotta keep my chin up and stand strong and move through this. I will get better and I will dance, tumble and fly higher than I ever thought possible.

Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes and leap
It's time to try
Defying Gravity
I think I'll try
Defying Gravity
And you can't pull me down...