Sunday, August 15, 2010

goodbye crutches...

It is the end of day 26 and as of this moment, right now, the crutches are being put away. I'm determined not to use them any longer. I still am on antibiotics and pain meds and I still have the infection, but have been stepping up the PT. Tomorrow morning I go to the doctor to check out the infection and make a plan of action to step up my game. My knee and ankle are killing me but I'm pushing through. I am determined to get back to dance, gymnastics and aerial arts ASAP! I miss dancing sooooo much! I have missed dancing since the day I was injured May 22, but I'm realizing as each day goes by, I'm missing it more and more. I've been watching gymnastics all weekend and it is really helping to inspire and push me. I don't care how much pain I'm in, I can do this.

"Dancing appears glamorous, easy, delightful. But the path to paradise of the achievement is not easier than any other. There is fatigue so great that the body cries, even in its sleep. There are times of complete frustration, there are daily small deaths."
-Martha Graham