Friday, July 23, 2010

The Learning Process...


Well, today was a lesson in learning how to REST. I was sick all day until about 3:30pm. I was in and out of it all day, just laying here with an intense pain in my knee. I did finally take off the brace today so I could shower. Now that was harder than I thought! So here I am 3 days out of surgery, doing my best to stay put. I'm not good at sitting still. I was originally going to start PT today but due to being so sick and out of it, everyone decided it would be best to wait until Monday. So my plan is to have no plan. I am not planning on doing anything until PT Monday.
I'm grateful to be on the mend, but it's going to be a long slow painful process. At least every time I fall asleep I am dreaming about dancing! :) Thanks for all your love and support. I will have better updates when the burning in my knee starts to go away. In the meantime, go out and enjoy the summer for me, run, jump, walk, play - and don't forget to be thankful for what you have. For it wasn't until my poor little ACL got damaged that I realized how grateful I was for it...