Saturday, July 24, 2010

Donor

Today I am feeling pretty good. There is still a lot of pain and burning in my knee but for the most part, I'm doing a-ok! I finally got around to opening up my folder that has all my take home directions in it and found a donor pamphlet. Turns out, if I want, I can write to the family of the person who donated my new ACL to me. How insanely awesome is that!?!? I definitely owe them a huge thank you!

Today I am just laying here, but I did move from the couch to the window seat. I'm just looking out over Central Park admiring the beautiful day. I wish I could get out and enjoy the 100 degree, humid temperatures but I'm better off enjoying from afar. Soon enough I will be back down there running and jumping and climbing on trees again and I cannot wait!

In the meantime, I will just elevate my leg, and when I take my next shower I will attempt to bend it more. It is very sore and stiff. Try this out: take your right knee and bend it half an inch. That's how far mine bends. Now bend it another half an inch...no problem right? Well for me, it's as if someone stuck burning cement in my knee as it doesn't go any further than that and if it does, I cannot describe how painful it is. But that is all part of my healing process. You have to dive head first into the painful stuff to get through to the other side. But once you do make it "through the rain" guess what?! A rainbow appears and you will be so glad you walked through it.

On a completely random note, I have to have this ankle to thigh brace on for one month. I'm going to have the funniest looking tan! Hopefully I will be able to walk soon and will be able to show you pictures of my mis-matching legs :)

Have a wonderful day! What are you grateful for today??? #1 on my list today - my donor :)
LOVE you all!