Monday, July 19, 2010

The Final Countdown


Here I sit with only one more day to go and I feel as if there is nothing left to say...people keep asking me how I can stay so positive when my heart and soul have been torn out of me. Don't get me wrong, I have cried and sulked, gotten angry and sad and depressed....but that doesn't really serve me or anyone around me. Yes, this injury sucks. Yes, it's gonna take a lot of hard work to get back to where I was, but I am determined. I can't wait to get to work. I can't wait to get back to where I was and get even stronger! And that is the mindset I have to focus on. Because if I start to worry about tomorrow or 6 months from now, I will get stuck again. I have to stay focused on the here and the now - this one moment because, for me, that is all I have.

"I can't control my destiny
I trust my soul
My only goal is just to be
There's only now
There's only here
Give in to love or live in fear
No other path
No other way
No day but today"
-RENT

Fear does tap me on the shoulder daily, but I have to decide...do I want fear to rule my world or do I want FEARLESSNESS to be in charge. Change doesn't have to mean bad. It just means change. And I have decided to accept it and literally say, "yay change"

I am so grateful for the people in my life - the love and support I have gotten from numerous people have been overwhelming. I am constantly amazed and in awe by all of you. Thank you for being YOU!