Yep here it is day 62 of this knee injury. But on a happier note, today is also day 2 of healing. I definitely feel a lot better than I did yesterday. Yesterday was probably the most difficult day of my entire life. I had to get through the fear and nerves and anxiety of the surgery, the actual surgery itself and the after effects of it. I was sick from the anesthesia, groggy and nauseous all day...not to mention, yes, my knee hurt, a lot. But I got through it and I'm much stronger for it.
Today I decided it was time to prove to myself that I am ok and can get back to doing things. So, I grabbed my crutches and hobbled home (just across the street) to get my laptop and a few clothes. I made it there and back all by myself. I love the little defeats in life now. The smallest task is the greatest defeat! Who knew that going home, a task I do daily, would be such a huge accomplishment. I see the world from a whole new perspective now. The littlest steps mean the most.
With the help of the ROA gods, tonight I'm off to Rock Of Ages. Yes my knee hurts but I think a trip to ROA might just do me some good! A little bit of broadway magic to inspire me and get me out of my head and my knee.
Today I am grateful. I am in awe of the beauty that surrounds me. Who knew that walking across the street would have such a profound effect on me. Today I noticed everything. Every tree and leaf, the sky, the clouds, the cars passing by. I love living in NYC. And I am now back at the kiddies house resting and healing. LOVE YOU ALL!
"The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking them." ~Unknown