
On Friday, November 14, 2008, I woke up and took the subway to Brooklyn. I walked into the BAX theater for my dance private. After an hour of working on beats and one of my favorite combos I was invited to dance with the greatest dance company in the world! It was the best day of my life! I cried the whole way home. I was SO happy!
The past two years have been the best and hardest of my life. Being a part of a company and having the opportunity to perform in NYC is the greatest feeling in the entire world. There is nothing better than dancing choreography I love on stage with others who share the same passion as I do. But through all the work and laughter and shows, I never thought two years later, here I'd be, still making my way back from an injury in May that required surgery and continues to require endless hours of PT. The past 6 months have been excruciating but as every day passes, I come one day closer to being healed and back where I belong...dancing with the greatest company in the entire world!
I am grateful for JKDC, for my director, for the company members and for all the love and support I get daily from these people. My life has been and continues to be forever changed because of them and I am eternally grateful.
"Right when it happened I right away got the mindset ok it's happened, it's done, I can't feel sorry for myself anymore because I've heard if you feel better about yourself and feel that you're gonna make it back it's gonna come faster" -Courtney Kupets