It is officially day 187 post op.
Friday, January 21st marked day 185 post op and 6 months since July 21, 2010 when LiL Knee went into surgery. And Saturday, January 22nd was day 186 post op and 8 months since May 22, 2010, when I ruptured my ACL.
And so, I went back to the first posting in this blog, read what I wrote and wanted to share it with you again....
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Allison Case started a blog when she was injured. Here is what it said:
"one day you're invincible. one day they tell you you're not. but you realize you still are. but you begin to learn that this is all part of being invincible: bouncing back, keeping the faith, fighting the good fights, still being forever grateful. and knowing this too shall pass. i just started to undergo tests for a hip injury which has completely changed my life. literally one day everything changed. so here i can tell you whats on my mind, what the process is like and prove to you change doesn't mean bad. it means change. here we go...
here's a place to find randomness. inspiration (i hope). and who knows what else. i have no expectations. i only know i may have a lot to share during my hippie time."
here's a place to find randomness. inspiration (i hope). and who knows what else. i have no expectations. i only know i may have a lot to share during my hippie time."
I never thought I would be facing an injury this severe at this point in my career, but here I sit, 55 days into a knee injury that will require surgery and a lot of rehab in order to get back to my life, my love...dance, gymnastics, aerial arts, etc.
So, like Allison, I hope you will be able to find some kind of inspiration here. Something that you can relate to - something to inspire you - something that says, "yes, this totally sucks, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it will be ok"
I'm determined to rehab myself back into the studio as soon as possible. I have faith that everything will be ok. And even though I don't feel like learning anything else right now, I know this time is going to change my life for the better.
And so here I am, 247 days since I ruptured my ACL. I have been up. I have been down. I have been upside down and inside out but through it all, I keep going. I keep moving forward. I am still not 100%. I am still working my way back. But I know that, today, like all the yesterdays before will bring me another lesson....and like the song says...I'm not afraid to fall...cause I'll never stop getting up!