I made it through another floor barre class and JK class today and LiL Knee is feeling pretty good. I also added in more PT tonight. Tomorrow will be 6 months since July 21st...the day I had surgery and Saturday will be 8 months since May 22nd when this whole nightmare began.Looking back on that day and the days that followed...I have learned so much about myself, about others and about life. I am glad I am where I am right now. Would I want to go back and change things? yes and no. I wish I had NOT gotten injured and not missed out on so many things I wanted to do, but at the same time, I have learned so much that I'm glad I went through what I did. I don't know if any of that makes any sense but it does to me.
And my journey is far from over. The next chapter has begun...getting back to my love and my passion and learning how to dance all over again. And I'm not just learning how to dance again, I'm learning how to LIVE all over again and how to be grateful for everything. All we have is right here right now and I'm learning how to live in the moment. I am not perfect and never will be, but every day I try to find the positive in everything and keep my chin up and keep moving ahead. There are always going to be good days and not so good days, but the goal is to keep going...keep staying afloat....keep breathing....
And with that, day 184 has been a pretty good one....let's see what day 185 brings...
"...with a desire to change their lives. They have struggled. They have fought. They have loved. Everyone that entered this program has changed. They all had a powerful life changing experience that will stay with them forever. I hope that this will be the beginning of a new life and they will be free... Each and every life is a life worth saving."
-Dr Drew