Sunday, October 17, 2010

making strides...

Today was an awesome day! I walked with some amazing people and was surrounded by 30,000 others in the tri state area (according to ABC - TV) - Making Strides Against Breast Cancer - in Central Park. It's day 89 post surgery and I did the entire walk! I even got through all my PT after the walk as well as worked through some more dance moves! Oh, and, most importantly, the pig hat made it's debut....

Today I'm feeling very grateful for everything that I have and for all the amazing people I have in my life....and yes, I'm talking about YOU! My life is on this continuous roller coaster, every turn and up and down brings new challenges, new fun, new hardships....but it's not because of my injury. It's because that's life. I am learning how to have fun while healing...while learning new things....still trying to see the whole picture.

Oh and just to really make you laugh...I impulse bought at the arts and crafts store last week and yes, I'm learning how to knit...I know I know...I don't sit still long enough but I have learned how to start it and how to knit a few rows...I have also learned that the stabbers are called the needles and the thread is called yarn....what can I say...I like my lingo better :) Maybe one day I will knit you something....maybe I will learn to knit pig hats :)

Tomorrow is 3 months post surgery...the light at the end of tunnel is quickly approaching...now, the problem I am going to have once I am able to dance again...how am I going to pay for dance privates AND acting privates??? But these are problems I LOVE...I can't wait to start flying again...

I'M GONNA TAKE A DEEP BREATH.
GONNA HOLD MY HEAD UP.
GONNA PUT MY SHOULDERS BACK,
AND LOOK YOU STRAIGHT IN THE EYE.
I'M GONNA SING OUT . . .
I BELIEVE I HAVE INSIDE OF ME
EVERYTHING THAT I NEED TO LIVE A BOUNTIFUL LIFE.
WITH ALL THE LOVE ALIVE IN ME
I'LL STAND AS TALL AS THE TALLEST TREE.
AND I'M THANKFUL FOR EVERYDAY THAT I'M GIVEN,
BOTH THE EASY AND HARD ONES I'M LIVIN'.
BUT MOST OF ALL
I'M THANKFUL FOR
LOVING WHO I REALLY AM.
I'M BEAUTIFUL.
YES, I'M BEAUTIFUL,
AND I'M HERE.
-The Color Purple-