Tuesday, September 7, 2010

49 days and still healing...

Well it's day 49 out of surgery and day 109 since I heard the loud, life changing rip in my right leg. There isn't a whole lot to report, hence why I haven't posted an entry in a while. I'm doing my PT daily and my knee constantly hurts. The infection is finally cleared up and I'm off antibiotics and now the last incision is healing. I have been told the first 2 months are the worst as far as pain and being uncomfortable and I hope it gets better after that because I'm in a constant state of "OUCH!"

I really miss dance and I'm really sad that I can't walk into my favorite classes and rehearsals. I miss my dance clothes. I'm trying to stay focused and do as much PT as I'm allowed because I want to get better and get back asap, but I also realize that I have to take this slow because if I don't I will have to start all over again and I definitely don't want to waste any more time. You don't realize how much you love something and how much you are what you love until it is taken away from you. My heart and soul are ready to go, but physically I'm not. It is so frustrating and I'm jealous of everyone who is healthy and gets to train and take class because I want to be there soooo bad!

But I will not give up. I will continue to fight to get better and get back to dance, gymnastics and circus arts.


"The way people move is their autobiography in motion." -Gerry Spence