Sunday, September 19, 2010

Saturday September 18, 2010


"ALL ACCEPTANCE BEGINS WITH CREATIVITY..."
-HETTIE BARNHILL-

Day 60 and I was afraid to leave my room with no brace, but like Fela said, "I refuse to live my life in fear" so here goes....

It's been exactly 2 months since I had surgery to repair my ruptured ACL. It is the first full day where I left my apartment with no brace and no crutches...just me and LiL Knee. It was the scariest thing I've ever done. Who knew that just walking outside would be so scary. Seriously I wanted to cry. But then I went to see FELA! for the 3rd time. It was SO much fun and the entire cast was amazing as always. And the cast are the most passionate, heartfelt, beautiful, talented, inspirational, nice people I have ever been lucky enough to meet. And they always send me off with healing thoughts for my knee. So to those of you who performed at 2pm today, THANK YOU! To those who took time out of their day to speak to me backstage, THANK YOU! You have no idea how much you inspire me to continue to heal and get back on stage asap!

It's been a good day. I'm slowly learning to be me again. Slowly re-learning to walk around, slowly gaining back some confidence, slowly becoming fearless again. My knee still constantly hurts, but it is getting better every day. I can't wait to be 100% me again. I can't wait to be back doing what I love - living life in the studio and on the stage. I can't wait for that first day where I can dance........