Wednesday, September 1, 2010

43 days...just.stay.focused.

43 days ago I had surgery to repair the ruptured ACL in my right knee. The infection is finally healed over but isn't completely healed yet like the other two incisions. I am doing a lot of PT and starting Monday I am allowed to start upper body swimming. I can't wait as I haven't been able to dance or workout since the injury occurred 103 days ago. The pain is still there, still excruciating at times but every time I look at the end goal, I know that this is all worth it. I can't wait to be back in class and rehearsal and on stage!

"When you decide to persist, it's because in the face of perhaps
thousands of reason to be discouraged, you choose to be bold,
to carry on, to keep on duking it out, no matter how grizzly,
tedious, intractable, or seemingly hopeless the present situation may seem."
-Daphne Kingma

I will get back to where I was and I will be better than ever before!