Haven't updated in forever! Summer has started - SO grateful to be dancing and not preparing for surgery! Can you believe it's almost been 2 years since I went "under the knife"??? I'm so thankful to be able to wake up and dance. There are still challenges, but that's life and I'm grateful for them all! And there's so much good stuff going on! Doing lots of rehearsing for JKing Dance Company and I love it! So thankful to be dancing for this amazing company!
In other news.....if you are a fan of gymnastics or want to be inspired, I have two books you have to read asap! The first one is WINNING BALANCE by Shawn Johnson and the second is OFF BALANCE by Dominique Moceanu. They are amazing!
"...Take my past and give me grace. Walk the path to which I face. Free my heart from this I feel. Lift me up and help me heal. Save me from what hurt my heart, beat me down, and made me part, made me fear and want to hide. Take away the pain inside...Keep me close to those that care, ones that love and want to share, ones that help when things go wrong, pick me up and make me strong. Let them know what I feel inside: burning flames that will not die...Let them know they changed my life, made me whole, and showed me the light: re-lit the flame that burnt in here, the passion and desire that made it clear, then taught me how to leap and fly...My heart's been turned inside out, but never once did I doubt what it was they gave to me: compassion, love, sincerity." -Shawn Johnson ♥
