I will never forget Friday, February 10, 2012. Just like any other day, I got up and went to rehearsal for JKDC. When we got to a specific piece, I went to do it, and I was so "in the moment" that I tumbled!!! For the first time since Saturday, May 22, 2010 - the day I tumbled and later heard that tear - I tumbled. I didn't realize how afraid I was to start flipping again. I knew all along that I still could, but kept putting it off because I was afraid. But for some reason, in that moment, without even thinking about it....I tumbled. It was the greatest feeling ever to be hurling myself backwards in the air again. I had been planning on going to the gymnastics center here in NYC and having someone spot me on the sprung floor but for some reason, something in me just went for it. I'm so thankful for that piece and for the opportunity to fly again.
"If you believe you can get through an injury and fight back, and you really love gymnastics enough, you can get through it."
-Courtney Kupets