January 1, 2012 - Happy New Year!
2011 started off as a great year for me! Recovering from reconstructive knee surgery in 2010 and being able to start dancing again in January 2011 - going to Japan for 2 weeks for dance in February - my first performance back in March! But then April came and with it the cancelations of ONE LIFE TO LIVE and ALL MY CHILDREN - in May I got to perform on the same day and in the same location where I ruptured my ACL the year before and even though it was scary, I did it! The summer brought lots of protests to save my soaps and I met so many wonderful new people all over the USA! I got to help JK teach dance in New Jersey and Philly and I got to help JK at the Joffrey Ballet! This fall I helped JKDC's first online auction where we raised almost $6,000 for the company!
The year also brought a lot of dance, a lot of rehearsals, a lot of fun and the ending of ALL MY CHILDREN :*(. I laughed A LOT, I cried A LOT. I've had a lot of good and a lot of not so good. I've been up and down and all around! But I'm excited to close the door on the 2011 chapter and open it up to 2012! 2012 is going to start off hard...ONE LIFE TO LIVE goes off the air on Friday January 13th. But I have hope that 2012 will bring lots of good things.
May 2012 bring much happiness and love and life to all of us and may 2012 bring us some challenges as well - because without those challenges how would we ever learn more and grow more? I pray that 2012 brings me on another roller coaster ride - preferably one that allows me to continue to do what I love and to keep dancing through it all. And I pray the same for all of you.
Thank you for being in my life - for listening to me whine and complain and be grateful and miserable. Thanks for letting me laugh and cry and just be ME. I love you all to the moon and back and more. Happy 2012!
"I know our hearts are heavy with the ending of OLTL on the 13th of January but 2012 will be a year of new beginnings!!!! Keep your chin up and hold your head high... Good things are around the corner."
-Kassie DePaiva
